Our K to 2nd graders discover the holidays, symbols and values of Judaism focusing on three primary concepts: Torah (learning), avodah (worship) and gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness) as well as the alef-bet and basic Hebrew words associated with the holidays and Jewish life.
The Ruach program seeks to excite and entice the young Jewish learner by:
- Making Jewish friends
- Creating Jewish art and music
- Preparing & tasting Jewish foods
- Learning Hebrew letters, words, and prayers
- Developing a lifelong love of Jewish learning
- Beginning to build a strong Jewish identity