The Rabbi Search Committee has been busy working through the process of making a recommendation to the board and then the congregation for our new rabbi.
Here is an update from the Committee on progress so far:
- During October, we held seven listening sessions and received dozens of emails from congregants on the criteria for evaluating and questions to ask candidates.
- We received resumes from interested and well qualified rabbis and evaluated them against our criteria.
- We have begun holding video conference interviews with some of these candidates, so we can learn about them and they can learn about us.
- We have started inviting a few candidates for in-person visits, which will include meetings with the committee, temple leadership, and staff, as well as a forum for temple members. All members are urged to come and meet the candidates.
- The first two in-person forums to meet two candidates will be:
- Thursday, Nov. 15 from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., and
- Monday, Nov. 19 from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Please try to attend both sessions and meet both candidates.
- Feedback from the community will be compiled by Amy McGinnis and Joe Dover and shared with the Search Committee.
- The search process concludes with our recommendation to the Board of Directors. If they approve of our choice of rabbi, an offer will be extended to the successful candidate, which will be contingent on a vote by the congregation at a special meeting.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the two upcoming forums on Nov. 15 and Nov. 19.